Exploring Nature Through Art
Saturday 15th July
Join printmaker and illustrator Beatrice for this one-day art and nature workshop where you will immerse yourself in nature and use it to inspire your art.
Beatrice will lead you on a walk to the River Ouse where you will fine-tune your observation skills and explore your surroundings through texture. Beatrice will share her methods of observing and recording what she finds in nature, leading you through various exercises to explore and record the textures and patterns all around you.
Back at the Field Food Barn, you will use your recordings to experiment with texture, pattern, and tone and create your own artist’s concertina sketchbook.
Suitable for beginners and practicing artists alike, this workshop is focused on finding inspiration in nature and mindfully connecting with the environment around you.
A seasonal lunch and refreshments will be provided by Field Food.
Based in Sussex, Beatrice von Preussen is a printmaker and illustrator whose work is inspired by a love of nature and adventures. From sailing the seas of the Arctic Circle to climbing frozen volcanoes in Antarctica, and searching for minute fossils under the microscope, Beatrice has a unique perspective on the natural world as she brings together art, science, and story-telling.
– Saturday 15th April, 10.30am — 3pm
– Workshop price £75 per person
– All materials are provided
– A seasonal lunch and refreshments are included and will be provided by Field Food.
– Please read our workshop FAQs and access page before booking.
– At the Field Food Barn near Southease (exact location will be emailed to you one week before the workshop).
8 in stock